• Wed. Feb 8th, 2023

*Policing With More Professionalism*


Hits: 386


IGP Sanyang is a ccareer and seasoned officer with over a decade of policing experience. Like the late Jobe, Sanyang rose through the police ranks to his current position. His colleagues in the police describe Sanyang as an officer who commands public trust and acceptance in the troops.

Abdoulie Sanyang holds a Master’s degree and as a seasoned police officer with many years of law enforcement experience under his belt.

(In this column we will expose our esteem followers and readers to profiles of the Police Senior Management, Regional Commissioners, and Formation Commanders)
Mr Abdoulie Sanyang is a native of Jeffin Village, Lower River Region and he is now the Inspector General of the Gambia Police Force (IGP). He is Barrister at Law and a Law graduate of the University of the Gambia. He is a bilingual in English and French. He is from a humble background and through hard work and determination he rose through the ranks to be the head of the Police Institution of the Gambia.
Prior to his appointment as IGP he served in various capacities in the Gambia Police Force and notably, Deputy Inspector General of Police, Assistant Inspector General of Police, Commissioner Administration, Officer in Charge of Peace Support Department, Personal Assistant to the Inspector General of Police, Public Relations and Press Officer, Scribe to Crime Management Coordinator and Station Officer among a host of other portfolios.
Mr Sanyang also served in the international arena as a Peacekeeper with the United Nations in Sierra Leone in the year 2007-2008 as Team Leader UN Regional Advisory Team, Ivory Coast in 2004-2005 as Protocol Officer to the Force Commander and Sierra Leone 2000- 2001 as DDR and MIO.
IGP Sanyang was called to the Bar in 2018 as a Barrister of Law. Aside that, he also bagged a Bachelors in Law and Advance Diploma in Education in both English and French, Diploma in Linguistic Studies and Diploma in Law.
Mr Abdoulie Sanyang has passion for enhancing his capacity in security which could be seen in courses he further pursue internationally such as, Security Measures for United Nations Peacekeepers- Abidjan, Ivory Coast, United Nations Military Observers- Abidjan, Ivory Coast, United Nations Civilian Police: Restoring Orders following Hostilities- Abidjan, Ivory Coast, Civilian Police in Peace Operations- Accra, Ghana, Design, Development and Facilitation- Freetown, Sierra Leone, Joint Campaign Planning (French) Course and Seminar on Public Order Management during Public Events Manifestation among others.
Apart from his professional career he served as Task Force Secretary- Gambia Police Force Promotion Board, Training Officer-UN/AU Pre-Deployment Training, Liaison Officer for Peacekeeping Operations, President Interior Football Club, Member of the Gambia Police Management Board, Secretary General – Gambia College Students Union, Brikama, Gambia and Vice-Chairman Public Relations Association, Gambia (PRAG)

Content Copy Protected!